Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching - Zurich
Module 1: 1 - 2 October 2020
Module 2: 2 - 3 November 2020
Module 3: 30 November - 1 December 2020 (virtual)
Assessment Day: 7 or 8 January 2021
09.30 - 17.00 each day
Virtual using Zoom (Module 3)
OBC Suisse AG, Europaallee 41, 8021 Zurich
Cost: Fr. 7,535 Incl. VAT
Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching - Virtual
Are you an experienced manager, trainer or consultant who wants to add Executive Coaching to your skill set?
As an experienced professional who draws out the ability of others, you may have learned that you have an aptitude for coaching and would like to develop those skills further. Perhaps you want to complement your HR or OD function by extending your coaching skills. Or, you may be a life coach who wants to learn more about how to coach executives.
If any of these statements is true, then the Practitioner Diploma is for you!
The Executive Coaching Journey
Held over a 3 two-day modules plus an assessment day and supported by an e-learning program, participants work with the AoEC’s comprehensive coaching model of Beginnings, middles and Endings to mirror the Executive Coaching process. By taking the Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching you will discover how to:
- Build a strong professional client relationship based upon trust, respect and rapport
- Draw upon a significant body of psychologically grounded coaching skills to promote client development, encourage breakthrough and deepen understanding
- Align coaching to the business and organizational context
- Manage effective closure to exceed client, coach and sponsor expectations
Beginnings: Engaging the Client
- Develop a clearer understanding of contracting with client, coach and sponsor.
- Study key coaching frameworks and models to clarify goals and objectives.
- Enhance your listening and questioning skills in practice sessions with direct feedback.
- Start to develop your own personal, unique coaching framework.
- Clarify your understanding of ethical guidelines and professional standards.
- Establish peer coaching relationships to promote coaching practice.
Middles: Deepening the Understanding
- Learn how to utilise consulting skills in a coaching context.
- Utilise systems thinking as a means to understand the client’s world.
- Assess your client’s developmental and emotional needs.
- Clarify the boundaries of your personal coaching practice.
- Explore the nature of personal and professional change.
- Experience supervised coaching practice.
- Be alert to both explicit and tacit information and its impact on coaching outcomes.
- Perform mid-term reviews with client and sponsor.
- Employ solutions-focussed coaching tools to achieve client outcomes.
Ending: Successful Review and Closure
- Understand how your own experience of organisations influences your approach
- Discuss and practice coaching on a variety of frequent business issues such as:
- Alignment of goals between individuals, teams and organisations
- Career transition
- Overcoming poor or ineffective relationships with colleagues
- Effective action planning
- Provide organisational feedback in a way that respects the confidentiality of the client
- Manage the ‘psychology of endings’ providing healthy closure for client, coach and sponsor.
Achieving your Coaching Qualification
The Practitioner Diploma Program is validated and is accredited by the three top coaching bodies. It provides the 60 hours of accredited coach specific training hours required for the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC), Association for Coaching (AC) accreditation.
The learning process includes:
- Completion of the three modules + assessment day in sequence on a single program.
- Two individual coaching tutorials over the course to embed your personal learning.
- Participation in 6 group discussions (3 tutor lead) by webinar after each of the 3 modules to deepen your understanding.
- Completion of the online program to support and develop your learning further.
- To have a minimum of 2 practice clients for the duration of the program.
- Successful participation in and completion of the work for the Live Action Coaching Day.
The Assessment Day
(Assessment, Closure and Ongoing Development):
- Presentation of your unique and developing Coaching Framework and Model.
- Reflective essay on your personal learning journey.
- Live demonstration of your coaching.
- Recommendation for ongoing study.
As a continuum of your learning, we offer a limited number of discounted places on the Advanced Practitioner Diploma program to our Practitioner Graduates, subject to the application criteria being met. This takes the form of a thorough coaching competency assessment leading to a robust learning plan.
Substantial people development, experience in management, training, counselling or consulting.
Please fill in the form to register for this course and a member of our team will be in touch with the next steps.
“For me it is an amazing experience to learn a set of skills, but not be told it’s formulaic. You are not told you’ve got to do it this way, you learn different tools and techniques, but at the end of it you are asked to have your own coaching model, that for me is the bit I love about the course the AoEC has. It gives you a bit of freedom in how you approach coaching post the qualification. The other big thing is that it didn’t feel like I was just going along and I just had to attend every session and then I’d be certified. It really made me work, and work really hard to achieve the certification, so when I got the email to say I’d passed and I was successful, I really believed that I’d deserved that. I think it was a great seven days, I’d have loved it to have been 14 days.
I enjoyed it that much! I would recommend this course to others 100%. Go on it, be open-minded, live it, love it, you’ll have a fantastic experience and you’ll learn a lot of great skills and at the end of it, you’ll be able to go out and help people in their journey, whatever it may be, and help them achieve what they want to achieve.”
John Gray, Graduate of Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching
“I enrolled on this course to be a better manager at work. The time to reflect on this and the structure has certainly helped me to do that, but in addition I feel it has significantly helped me as an individual. I have gained greater awareness about myself and I feel like I have opened a window on to a new phase of my career.”
Philip Atkinson, Communications Director, Roche, Basel, Switzerland.
Graduate of the Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching