Coaching Skills Certificate
This Certificate is the ideal way for anyone looking to take their interpersonal skills to the next level, as well as those considering integrating coaching into their work or as a career.
As an experiential course, it will put you in the shoes of both the coach and the coachee, so you can understand the real power of coaching and its everyday applicability first-hand.
This course will equip you with the core skills required to confidently and effectively coach a client, developing them in a safe, expert-guided environment. You’ll learn how to help others define what they want, set goals based on their values, and support them in striving for greater fulfilment. As the first step to becoming a professional coach, it will also help you to decide whether you want to train further.
Reasons to enrol
- This is the ideal course for those who would like to understand and use coaching skills in their workplace to help improve motivation and performance, or in their everyday personal lives
- The two-day course is a mixture of theory and participation, with attendees exploring coaching skills and developing their confidence when using them
Over two carefully structured days you will:
- Examine some of the definitions of coaching
- Look in detail at the differences between coaching, mentoring, counselling, training, managing, consulting and life coaching
- Develop your four essential coaching skills:
- Reflecting back and mirroring
- Paraphrasing and summarising
- Discuss the powerful GROW Model and its applicability
- Receive expert tutor input from an experienced Executive Coach and feedback from your peers as you practice
Who is this course for?
Anyone who would like to:
- Learn about coaching
- Develop existing skills
- Improve their management technique
- Become more efficient in the workplace or motivate others
People on previous courses have included:
- Human Resource individuals
- Leadership and Development roles
- People in employment transition
- Chief Executive Officers
- Employers that have been requested to attend by their managers
- Individuals looking to become a coach or add coaching to their own business
“Great courses to get an insight and overview of coaching. It equips you with real skills that are immediately applicable.”
“A great introduction to coaching, packed full of opportunity to practice your skills in a safe and encouraging environment”
“Comprehensive and enlightening and a very enjoyable course”
“I attended the course through my workplace, and was admittedly unsure what to expect. Upon arriving we were greeted warmly by the two tutors & this continued throughout the two days. The course was informative, had a high level of interaction & lots of coaching practice, and I came away feeling enthused & knowing far more about coaching than I had anticipated. I would highly recommend the course to others”
On each Coaching Skills Certificate there are two members of faculty. Our Faculty are all highly experienced executive coaches in their own right with a range of backgrounds in various sectors.
The Coaching Skills Certificate as a standalone course does not qualify you as a coach.
It does provide you with 12 hours towards the 60 required to apply for International Coach Federation (ICF) accreditation at Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level. When combined with our Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching, this provides 72 Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH).